Monday, July 5

i ♥ faces TEENS ONLY week!

I am so excited for this week on iheartfaces. Teen entries only. I turn twenty the end of next month, so I was really excited to hear that celebrating teens weeks was happening this summer! I can't wait to see all the fabulous talent from the teen photographers at iheartfaces!
I have had this picture up on the blog before, but not entered in the challenge. The only requirements of this weeks' entries are that the were taken by a teen and feature a face. This is one of my favorites that I have ever taken. I took this one while in Haiti this March on a mission trip. This is at a refugee camp for victims of the earthquake in Port au Prince. I don't know this little girl's name, her story or where she is now, all I know is that she was so happy just to have someone play with her and take her picture. The joy that radiated from her shocked me. Despite all she had seen, tragedy in Port and now living in one of dozens of tents like the one behind her. Such a beautiful reminder to appreciate what we have. 
Click on the camera to see more entries by teen photographers at iheartfaces.com

12 comments:

  1. Wow. Just wow. Great picture, and big heart. I love your blog, and the quote in your header? Yeah girl.. you got it right. Heaven is home....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! How awesome that you were able to give so much to this little girl! I love how little children love to have their pictures captured.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oo soo beautiful photo!! Love her sparkling eyes!! And it's so fantastic that you helped her and the other victims of the earthquak!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful capture and what an amazing story. Her face says so much. Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful. I love the lighting on her face. Fabulous shot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow. that is fantabulous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful child. I love that you went to Haiti and made a difference. Haiti is one of the places we pray for frequently during our bedtime prayers. God bless you : ) Lovely image!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful little girl, beautiful eyes! Glad you made her smile, if only for a little while. Children are so resilient. Such a tragedy there. Thanks for going - I, too, love your quote in your heading. Blessings,
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, look at her shining eyes. Beautiful! I went to Haiti in 1984. I have never been the same. Thank God.

    By the way, I love what your banner says. It took me about a hundred words to say on my banner what you wrote in seven on yours. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you all for your comments! I really think she taught me more than I could have ever helped her, all those smiling kids are. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful little girl! That smile is priceless. Beautiful picture :)

    ReplyDelete